Thursday, October 13, 2005

Feeling Better ..

Well I'm feeling better ... boy was I BEAT when I got back from Chicago! I didn't sleep well the night after the marathon ... for some reason I kept waking up every 1/2 hour (or at least it felt like that) and then with the 9 hour bus ride home I didn't sleep on the bus.

By the time I got home and then got up the next morning I was BONE TIRED! I had trouble putting words together in a sentence! Went to work for 1/2 a day and then went home to sleep!

Speaking of Chicago ... the race pictures are up! Check them out at www.marathonfoto.com last name FORSYTH and bib # 11305.


This weekend is the Haiti Run a good cause! All the money raised goes to help kids in Haiti. Last year the run raised $75,000! I'm going to run with Jenny in her 2nd 5K. We went out last night for a 3K run and I was amazed how good I felt. We also ran into some Learn To Run folks from the Den who will also be doing Haiti. They were exactly the same pace as Jenny and had the same pre-race jitters about not finishing. Made her feel better.

After the Haiti run Michael and I are going to a wedding ... and I've still got to get a gift! Wish me luck! Connor is staying over at Michael's Mom's. Then on Sunday its sign up day for H2O ... only Michael wants me to stay home ... this could be tricky!

H2O is concerning me a little ... last week someone was supposed to look after registration but they went away for thanksgiving and so asked someone else to do it ... and I haven't heard yet how it went. Then with Michael's wanting me to stay home ... I know the LORD will look after things and it will happen as HE wants ... but I want it to be successful.

Ah well ... I'll just leave it in HIS oh-so-capable hands, right?

Have a great day!

~ Shirley

No comments: