Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11 ...

Wow ... hard to believe it's been 5 years since that awful day ...

I (like everyone else) remember vividly where I was and what I was doing ... in a meeting and there was a knock on the door and George said "Sorry to interrupt but planes have hit the World Trade Centre and there are more up there ... my wife wants me to leave since we are next door to the American Embassy." and I said "You're kidding, right?" and he said "No, I'm dead serious." and I said "No, you're kidding, right?" I just couldn't believe it ... and then going to Communications to see what was happening on TV and thinking it was just like a movie ... oh my ...

And Alan Jackson's song "Where Were You" ... it was months before I could listen to that song without crying ...

I did however seen an AWESOME documentary recently ... it's being repeated tonight at 10:00 p.m. on CBC Newsworld called "9/11: The Falling Man" This link will give you more details ... quite a powerful piece ... worth watching!

~ Shirley

No comments: