Friday, February 24, 2006

Monty Python

So the other week my son had a friend over and they watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Michael and I watched it with them and it reminded me how much I liked Monty Python. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny ... and really quite clean in their humour. (Unlike Benny Hill who's humour is just crude and rude to my mind).

Anyway on PBS on Wed nights they are showing Monty Python's Personal Best. A show dedicated to each MP player. This Wed they had Eric Idle and Graham Chapman. The Grahm Chapman featured one of my favourites:

Mrs. Conclusion: Hullo Mrs. Premise
Mrs. Premise: Hullo Mrs. Conclusion
Conclusion: Busy Day?
Premise; Busy? I just spent four hours burying the cat.
Conclusion: Four hours to bury a cat?
Premise: Yes, it wouldn't keep still
Conclusion: Oh, it's not dead then?
Premise: No, but it's not at all a well cat, and since we're going to be away for a fortnight I thought I'd better bury it now just in case.
Conclusion: Quite right. You don't want to come back from Sorrento to a dead cat. Yes, kill it now, that's what I say. We're thinking of having our budgie put down.
Premise: Really, it is very old?
Conclusion: No, we just don't like it.
Premise: Tell me, how do they put budgies down?
Conclusion: Funny you should ask that. I've been reading this great big book called "How to Put Your Budgie down" and apparently you can shoot them just there above the beak, or hit them with the book.
Premise: Well, well. Course you know Mrs. Essence flushed hers down the loo.
Conclusion: Oh, you shouldn't do that. No, that's dangerous. They breed in the sewers and eventually you get large evil-smilling flocks of soiled budgies flying out of people's lavatories infringing their personal freedom.

Doesn't that just make you laugh?

Shirley

No comments: