Sunday, February 19, 2006

Random Sunday Afternoon Thoughts

Yesterday I worked on the Spin for Kidz in support of the Joy and Hope of Haiti and City Kidz. Both are Hamilton-based organizations. One benefitting kids in Hamilton and the other with kids in Haiti.

What a great day. It was a LOT of work. I was in charge of registration both before the event and yesterday so it was pretty busy. We didn't have as many "bums on bikes" as we would have liked but ... it looks like we raised in the early $40Ks! After expenses (we try to keep them minimal) it looks like the Haiti group will have enough for HALF A SCHOOL! When I heard that I got teary thinking of the long term impact of one day ... wow!

Last night we went to my SIL's for dinner to celebrate my MIL's 75th birthday ... and it turned out we had something more to celebrate. My SIL and her partner eloped on Friday and got married. They had pics to show and both seemed really, really happy. It was so nice to see. AND it was a lovely present for my MIL who's been hoping that Chrystal would find happiness and stability.

Over the past while I've been an Olympic hound. I love hearing the scores and the medals. Nice today that Canada got 2 more silvers! And tomorrow there will be another Gold for SURE with Canadian Women's Hockey. They haven't lost a game yet! I have a feeling that Canada won't get the gold this year ... maybe silver or bronze.

Well ... I have some work to do ... see you later!

~Shirley

No comments: